Friday, December 19, 2008

See Emily Play

Actually, see Jack play. But I couldn't resist a Floyd reference.

My mornings go better when another person's child comes over to play with mine. In this case, cousin Jack. He came over when Liz's babysitting fell through at the last minute for a doctor's appointment. I'm glad I can help out. Especially when it really helps me.

The kids spent most of the time playing in the basement. Siri was trying to build a fort out of couch cushions. Jack kept destroying it. Then Felicity got in on the act. It was very frustrating for Siri.

The great thing about having Jack over is that it gives me some extra accountability. I mean, I actually put together a snack. Apples and Pirate's Booty (Heh huh. Hey, Beavis, heh heh. He said Booty).

Without further ado or rambling, here are the kids:

Meet Siri. She's our lovely blue-eyed child. Carina and I both have dark brown hair and brown eyes with a hint of green. Carina is half Chinese. We expected kids with dark complexions. Out came Siri, almost five, with blue-gray eyes. Very Numenorian. Before any of you start to wonder about the milk man, both Grandpas have blue eyes.



Meet Felicity. We call her Fliss or Flissa or Flissy for short. We were even more surprised when we saw her red hair. Neither Carina nor I have red. Carina has a few highlights. I have some in my beard. Carina's dad is a red head. And two of my three sisters are red heads. Genes are funny that way.



And, last but not least, cousin Jack. Fliss is obsessed with him. He's two months her junior. "Jack" was one of her first words.



And here they all are eating their snack.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, look at that cute little snack. Everything looks perfectly orderly and well contained. Well done, I declare you a very suitable babysitter! I love seeing my baby so happy. He is equally obsessed with your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! My first official commentor! We'll have to redo the drum roll post but with a new title. "The only woman in the world who comments on every post!" Hee hee. Thanks for the encouragement, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nate!
    First of all, I think this blog is THE single most cutest thing I have ever seen. Your girls SO lucky to have such a fun, caring dad.

    Second, I know I did a lot of things in high school that rendered my memory a little less useless than it otherwise would have been but...you have three sisters??? Unless you're counting Nate as a 'sister' and you have a special imaginary other 'sister'...I'm confused.

    (By the way this is Barb Iannucci...not sure if you can tell that from my google nickname or not...)

    ReplyDelete