Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's winter falling . . .

Last night we went to a Christmas party at a neighbor's house. It was a good occasion to reflect on how much I love love love the weather here in Utah. So far it's been more snow and less cold than Minnesota. I'll take the mid-20s and lots of light, fluffy snow over zero degrees and icy snow every day. Minnesota is so cold in the winter that if you walk through the snow, leaving a trail of footprints behind you, the footprints will look exactly the same three weeks later. Old Man Winter leaves them there with Parnassian clarity. It was coming down pretty hard last night on the way to the party. My wife captured it perfectly in this picture:


Hmmm. I still look like a scrub. And it was 6:30 pm. And I was on my way to the home of a lawyer. And there were lots of other lawyers there. And I'm a lawyer who doesn't have a job. And I want a job. Apologies to Left Eye, but someone needs to remind me to take TLC to heart when I leave the house. The girls sure were sweet though.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you seem to think you looked like a scrub to go hang out with all of the employed lawyers, but didn't care enough to remedy the problem. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See. That's why blogging is so great. I didn't notice I looked like a scrub until I reflected on it via the blog.

    ReplyDelete