Friday, December 19, 2008

It's all about accountability

So, I don't really understand the Mommy Blog phenomenon. I've been a privite-ish person for most of the last decade. Mommy Blogs seem like an exercise in vanity to me. It's like, "Hello, world! Look how cool we are! Follow our exploits and comment on how great our lives are!" Is that what it's about? There's an inner debate here for me that will play itself out as the MormomMisterMom posting history grows.

In the meantime, this blog, along with the purposes spelled out in my profile, is about accountability. I think every stay at home parent wonders just how much they're damaging their kids. If I'm putting our daily activities out there for the world to see, maybe I'll put more thought and effort in to them.

Mornings greet me with two inevitabilities since we moved back to Utah in May. First, mountain sunrises.



After six years in the flat mid-west, sunrises and sunsets over the mountains in SLC have been most welcome. No mountains and horrible weather. My only two knocks on Minnesota.

Hmmmm. As a new blogger, I can't seem to figure out how to put two pictures in one post. The second inevitability will be above.

No comments:

Post a Comment